The Objectives of The Project
- Organize and implement
an Indian-American film and photography festival on sustainable environment
based on the theme, “Greener World through Art”, and bringing together those
active in creating environmental awareness through visual art.
- Arrange a touring festival of these films, photographs and fair in four cities
in India, Guwahati, Patna and Ranchi for community awareness, inclusive
learning and knowledge economy on sustainable urban development.
- Organize eco-art’ sit and draw and poster competition, and initiate exhibition
of eco-art developed by school children and youth on sustainable urban habitat
and eco-friendly lifestyle.
- To strengthen information sharing and public participation to bring a fresh
outlook towards environment and nature so that each one of us can act in ways
to promote a culture of sustainable lifestyle and education.
- Eco art contest project addresses to global environmental issues with local
action, and refers to much wider concerns including depleting natural
resources, vanishing wetlands, pollution, animal poaching/ trafficking, urban
and rural environmental conditions, changing needs, migration, consumerism,
waste management, clearing forests for woods and industries, climate change impacts, innovations and
sustainable solutions, and local actions for greener future etc.
- The project creates platform to voice for environment through creative art and an opportunity to reach out to public through exhibitions, Eco-cinema film festivals, and photography, child art and recycling art exhibitions.